Non Weight Bearing Scooter Accessory Ideas
When you first received your non weight bearing scooter, you might have been a little less than impressed. Sure, it wasn’t a pair of crutches (what a relief!) but it still looked a little clinical for your tastes…and you want to do something to jazz it up. After all, you may have a broken ankle, but you don’t have broken spirits.
And you want to make your knee walker look a little more fashionable!
Courtesy of http://kneewalkercentral.com/testimonial.php
If you’re ready to make your non weight bearing scooter as unique as you are, here are some accessory ideas that can make it shine:
• A knee walker basket can add a unique look while providing a heavy dose of functionality. This basket can be placed in the front of your knee walker, much like a basket on a child’s bicycle. You can carry groceries, books, and other items in your basket, which makes this accessory a pretty important part of your new and very fashionable non weight bearing scooter.
• See that picture above? That woman is turning her knee walker into a walking (well, scooting) advertisement for her patriotism! Consider letting the world know where you’re from by placing a heritage flag on your scooter. Or you could let your national pride take hold and hoist the Red, White, and Blue on your scooter.
• Kick back to the ‘90s and put a boom box in your knee walker basket. You could even bring back the best decade by playing music from that era. We’re talking Boyz II Men, Madonna, Backstreet Boys…we promise you’ll get smiles and cheers when you roll on by.
• Want to trick out your knee walker? Then consider going old-school – and by this, we mean getting bumper stickers and other labels that demonstrate your personality. You could slap on a bumper sticker that lets the world know you ran a marathon or one that indicates that you’re going to do some serious traveling once your foot has healed.
• Accessorize it however you want – after all, it’s YOUR knee scooter!
One important note – if you rented your knee walker, you should check with your vendor to make sure that you can make changes or tweaks to it without incurring a penalty. For example, a front basket will generally be considered fine, but you may run into some vendors who might not like the idea of having stickers on their scooters.
No matter which non weight bearing scooter accessory ideas you use, make sure that you select those that speak to your personality and style.